Nextdoor's mission is to use the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods.
There are also clear guidelines on safety, privacy and respect that folks can read about before signing up.
Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. It's the easiest way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. And it's free.
Thousands of neighborhoods are already using Nextdoor to build happier, safer places to call home.
People are using Nextdoor to:
• Quickly get the word out about a break-in
• Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
• Track down a trustworthy babysitter
• Find out who does the best paint job in town
• Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
• Find a new home for an outgrown bike
• Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
You can read about Nextdoor's clear guidelines on safety, privacy and respect before signing up: https://nextdoor.com/about_us/
The more folks that sign up, the more powerful the tool will be in getting information out quickly and efficiently to not only our neighborhood, but also the adjacent ones within the 8th district.